ISCBC’s Invasive-Wise Tourism Program supports organizations and field professionals to adopt simple best practices to prevent the spread of invasive species and to protect BC’s biodiversity. This program is FREE and offers a variety of resources and courses introducing key concepts for preventing the impacts of invasive species.
- Tourism and Invasive Species (30 mins) – Designed for owner-operators, management, staff and guides. By the end of the course, participants will better understand:
- The impacts of invasive species on BC’s environment, economy, and the tourism industryThe connections between tourism activities and invasive speciesSimple actions to take to prevent the spread of invasive species
- Upon completion, tourism operators and organizations will receive Invasive-Wise certification that demonstrates to their guests a level of awareness of invasive species issues.
- Priority Marine Invasive Species (20 mins) – For anyone working in the field or for recreationists. Increases awareness of priority marine invasive species, their impacts, how they spread and ways you can make a difference.
- Priority Freshwater Invasive Species (20 mins) – For anyone working in the field or for recreationists. Increases awareness of priority freshwater invasive species, their impacts, how they spread and ways you can make a difference.
PLUS – If you’re free on March 9th, ISCBC would be thrilled to have you join us at our Invasive-Wise Tourism webinar! Participating tourism organizations and operators will receive Invasive-Wise certification – click here to register.